Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Module #10 Films

1. I chose Hinduism and Buddhism because they are topics I often get confused, therefore I wanted to learn more about them.  I've learned about them in the past, but I can't always keep the two straight. The Hinduism video wouldn't work, so I choose the African Art video instead.

Buddhism
2. Buddhism began in India, by a man, named Buddhism and he was born in 563 B.C.E.  When he came into a 'normal public life,' his life began to end, due to old age.  There is a Buddhist temple here in New York State, and the largest one is located in Indonesia.  There are many important factors to the Buddhism temples.  A lot of the structures created around the temples are made out of granite.  

African Art
2.  African art is shown in sub- Saharan Africa through almost everything.  Through everyday functional ware, such as kitchen utensils, everyday outfits, especially in the dresses and flow outfits that are hand made, and even through the hair styles of each and every person there.  Dancing and music is an African ritual, which shows African Art through their outfits and the movement through their bodies.  The masks used for rituals are usually made out of wood and straw.  Nomadic African Art is recreated through sound, color and movement.

3. The videos relate to the text because they correspond with one another.  The text talks and goes in depth about African culture and art, and so did the video I choose.  The book is sometimes hard to read along because it doesn't have the constant visual as the video does, but it still has a lot of photographic visuals.

4.  The films are very interesting, pouring out so many facts you can't remember them all!  But, the facts and knowledge given though these videos help me as a visual artist hear and see simultaneously what they are talking about or trying to explain.  Being able to use a visual aid (the video) helps me to remember facts, times, visuals (hair, outfits, etc...).

No comments:

Post a Comment