Theme: A Dream World of Immagination
1. Dim lighting, not very bright in any areas, only directed to the artwork.
2. The walls are white and a dark grayish/ charcoal color.
3. Wood is used for basically all of the inner architecture seen inside the gallery.
4. The movement flows very well throughout the gallery, easy to navigate, and see all parts of the gallery. If you go in order you won't miss any pieces.
Art Work
1. The artworks are organized by which exhibit they belong in.
2. The artworks in specific galleries/exhibits are similar by which the dates they are created.
3. If they are donated artworks and not chosen ones for a specific exhibit, they are usually not the same concept or piece so that makes them different.
4. All artworks of different mediums are framed differently. If it's a fragile sculpture, it will be framed in glass, if it's a fine art piece it will have an basic frame on it, if it is a floor piece it will have the gallery barrier surrounding it.
5. The tags are the same color as the wall, but the writing is black for the while walls and it is white for the dark gray walls.
6. Depending on what type of medium the piece is, for example a sculpture or a painting, they range from what it looks like 5-10 feet apart.
Analyze (Steps 4 & 5)
The Window by the Alley is a piece I choose to analyze by the Peter Findlay Gallery. It looks like a side of a shed with flowers and bushes surrounding it. The colors look like they are kind've a pastel palette look, creating a calming and relaxing mood. The values in the colors make it look like the time of the day when the sun is going down, when it's about to get dark. This piece reminds me of my dads barn that he does all of his building in. The side of the barn looks exactly the same. I think the artist had interest in the subject matter and that's why they created it.
The last artwork I choose is the Telegraph Music piece done in watercolor and ink on paper. I choose this piece to analyze because I love the movement throughout. There is movement and rhythm throughout the whole piece. The colors are very dark and gloomy which helps with the mood of the piece because it gives a dark and gloomy mood. This piece reminds me of a place I've been. I live in the country so this is a view that I see often. Again, I feel like this was a place that the artist often relaxed so that is why they choose it as their subject matter.




No comments:
Post a Comment